Christmas has come and gone and I have managed to get things somewhat back in order. Lizzie still sings "Santa Claus is coming to town" and then likes to substitute different names in for Santa. So far, Uncle Chris, Brother Fish, Grandpa, and Grandma are some of the most popular people coming to town.
My mom says that I don't record what funny things Lizzie says, so below is a list of some of the sayings that Lizzie is learning to say.
"I need. . . UM. . ."
If she notices that you are searching for something, she puts her hand on your shoulder and says, "What are you looking for huh?"
"I do it"
"I sleep in car."
Phone conversation:
Grandma: "What are you doing?
Lizzie: "Talking to you."
I eat cake. I help myself.
Sissy gets older, go temple like daddy and mommy
Sissy gets older, wear makeup like mommy
Sissy gets older, eat cocoa like monkey show
Sissy gets older, go work like daddy
I have tried to have her say "Lizzie" I say it slow, and she says, "Si-ssy". I break it up, and she says "Li" and "zzie" but when I say what is your name, she smiles and says "Sissy"
A conversation she had with Darren while coloring.
D: How old are you?
Lizzie: 2 How old Daddy?
D: 31
Lizzie: Oh, How old Mommy?
D: 30
Lizzie: Oh, How old Jono
D: 6 months
Lizzie: Oh, How old Brother Fish?
D: around 80
Every time we say, Lizzie you are going to Grandma and Grandpa's house, she reponds, "Oh, Mommy and Daddy go temple? I get older go temple too?"
When we got home, I was changing Lizzie's diaper at grandma's house after a temple trip, and I asked Lizzie what she did while we were gone, she said "Sissy eat cake. Sissy lucky girl."
"That's delicious"
"You stay there I go shopping." I ask her if she can get some milk, her response. "We have milk at home."
After pushing Jonathan over from his back to his stomach, "Look what Jon-an did on his own!"
"Mommy feed Jonan, Sissy watch monkey show!" (The monkey show is the Curious George shows on PBS.) For some reason she really likes George. If Daddy is watching basketball, and she doesn't feel like watching it, she'll say, "Don't like it. Turn off Daddy."
When she hears Jonathan crying, she tells me, "Jonan crying. Sissy go check Buddy." and sprints towards his room.
For some reason she likes tennis. Last night, there was a tennis match, and she ran and got my strainer that has a handle and kind of looks like a tennis racket and started swinging it around.
So, I made a quilt for Lizzie's bed, it's not the prettiest of blankets, I'll post a picture a little later, I was thinking she would be better off to buy her one, but I was putting her bed she said, "Mommy make quilt for ME? Thank you Mommy." That made the not so cute quilt very special.
Let's sing Happy to you . . . (Fills in name, Uncle Chris, Grandma, Grandpa, Daddy, Brother Fish, Grandma Roo)
Grandma Viehweg gave her a candy in her pocket when we visited her, and every time she puts on the jeans, she checks her pockets and says, "Grandma Viehweg give Sissy candy in pocket. Daddy ate it."
When Jonathan had his 6 month check up, the nurse gave Lizzie a dum-dum sucker. She was so happy and I actually let her eat it on the way home. When we got home, she told Daddy, "Jonan go doctor get shot, Sissy get candy."
"My socks too slippery. Sissy fall down."
2 comments:
Thanks for posting these quotes. They are so funny. I sat here laughing out loud.There are quotes that are so typical Lisa, "We have milk at home." I know I have heard that many times from you. :)
Ohmygosh! That was absolutely priceless! I can't believe how cute Lizzie is! She is getting so big and smart! And I love the quotes too. THanks for posting. Its great Sonia XXOO
Post a Comment