No pictures, but just a few more stories that I forgot to write down.
When Lizzie doesn't have a nap, she is not the most fun kid on the block. The other day, Darren had meetings and she missed her afternoon nap, so I thought I would put her to bed a little early. She was tired and when she gets tired her arms and legs get active kind of like when a fish comes out of water. It was time for bed and as I was getting her in her pajamas, she was flailing her arms around and kind of hit me. I asked her what she was doing. She said, "I sorry. I hit mommy. I need time out." She said this as she was crying and repeated that she needed time out. I put her in timeout and after she finished her time she started saying, I need go bed. I agreed and finished getting her ready for bed and then she went right to bed. I guess she is taking care of herself which makes me think why am I here?
Lizzie sits across from Darren at the dinner table. When we eat messy meals I tell Lizzie that she needs to wear a bib so she can keep her clothes clean. I think we were having some sort of pasta dish, and Darren happened to spill some on his shirt. Lizzie looked at him and said, "You need a bib Daddy." Then she proceeded to give him one of hers that was attached to her chair. What a helpful girl.
Lizzie loves cake. I guess she has inherited her mom's sweet tooth. As mentioned in a previous post, having cake within her grasp is not advisable. So from now on we'll keep the cakes up high where she can't reach. I guess another solution would be just to not make the cakes in the first place, but I am not that strong.
I made a pumpkin cake for Darren's birthday. I put the seran wrap over it and put it in the fridge. The next morning, I was changing Jonathan's diaper and I heard Lizzie open the fridge but then she came running down the hall, so I didn't think anything of it. Later that night, I looked at the cake to see holes punched in the seran wrap about the size of Lizzie's fingers. I told her that she needed to ask before eating cake, and that with that cake it would be easier to eat it with a fork instead of her fingers. She followed one of the two. The next morning, the same thing happened. I was changing Jonathan and I heard her in the kitchen. I should have remembered that the cake was in there, but just finished changing Jonathan and we kept playing. At lunch, I looked at the fridge and didn't notice any additional holes in the cake, but when I opened the drawer to get some silverware, I found a fork with pumpkin cake residue. That's right, our little genius had gotten a fork, took a bite, and then put it back in the drawer. What a smart little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment